“Property developers are often forced to sell far ahead of their delivery date..."
Property development has always been led by the returns the investors will earn in terms of rentals or capital appreciation, says Rawson Developers’ Bill Rawson.
“Property developers are often forced to sell far ahead of their delivery date at a set price which allows them, the investors, the time lag before paying for their investment. It is often during these periods that investors earn a great return on their nominal deposits.”
Therefore, wherever there is a shortage of rental accommodation at affordable prices, property developers try to satisfy this demand. “As for the type of property, it is all about what the rental market will pay, what the investor or buyer can afford, and generally the smaller more affordable in terms of price and rental,” Rawson says.
Residential developments due to be launched this year include:
- Three retirement developments in Durbanville, Burgundy Estate and Century City. All will offer great lifestyle benefits and beautifully furnished clubhouses. – Rabie Property Group
- A total of 96 one and twobedroom apartments overlooking the water in Century City as part of a mixed-use development. – Rabie Property Group
- In Burgundy Estate, a small grouphousing development named Penny Lane will be launched. – Rabie Property Group
- A total of 100 apartments with a clubhouse and pool will be launched in a development titled Monet. – Rabie Property Group
- Lifestyle security estate at Rondebosch Oval, which is proving popular for young families. – Rawson Developers
- The Winchester in Observatory is expected to be completed in July. – Rawson Developers
- A mixed-use development which is under way in Ottery will offer 1 000 residential units from June. – Amdec Property Developments
- Approximately 250 residential units will be launched in Joburg’s Melrose Arch in June. More units will be introduced through the year. – Amdec Property Developments
- The mixed-use Zero-2-One tower will offer 860 apartments. – FWJK
- Residential apartments in The Vogue will come to the market. – FWJK