Professional photos of a property have always been important, and during the Covid-19 pandemic, they have even more power to make or break a sale.
Professional listing pictures bring out the character of your property and mean you are a step ahead when attempting to give the property exposure, says Mike Greeff, chief executive of Greeff Christie’s International Real Estate.
He offers the following tips when taking pictures of your home:
- JPEG is the format the photos need to be taken in.
- All photos should be taken in horizontal format.
- Keep your hand steady and level. Chest height is best.
- Make sure the flash is selected.
- Three photos of a room or area is ideal.
- Make sure your pictures are in focus and that they are not over or under-exposed.
- Check your reflection is not shown in windows, mirrors and glass surfaces.
- Take pictures of any view your home has, such as mountains, sea, garden and pool.
- Ensure there are no people and pets in the pictures.