Strong and diverse collection of art, antiques and collectables
Cannon’s Auctioneers of Hilton has assembled a strong and diverse collection of art, antiques and collectables for its first sale of the year on Tuesday.
The auction starts at 9am with viewing on January 27 and January 28 at the company’s premises in the Lifestyle Centre in Hilton.
Among the lots likely to attract strong interest are:
* A rare pair of imposing late 19th century/early 20th century “Cavalier” spelter figurines on plinth bases (pictured) both about 83cm high (top presale estimated price of R25000).
* A late Victorian four-piece 1490g silver tea set by Elkington & Co of Birmingham, which was produced around 1890 (up to R15000).
* An impressive Gabriel de Jongh oil painting A dirt road alongside a cottage (up to R18000).
* WH Coetzer’s uncharacteristic oil painting Die Monnik (The Monk), exhibited in London in 1937 (up to R20000).
* A rare circa 1860 regulator clock by Charles Frodsham of London, (up to R50000).
* An extensive collection of Africana books from a private collector who is downscaling.
For more details on the sale please call 0333433364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.