The owners of the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 in Walcott, Iowa, with room for almost 1000 trucks, first asked American truck drivers what would bring joy to a trucker’s life before opening their now iconic establishment.
What the kings of the road wanted are pointers to prosperity for the new owner of the Lowveld highway property on offer from Reliance Auctions on July 19:
* Easy-on, easy-off highway access.
* Clean facilities and ample-sized parking bays.
* High-speed fuel pumps with garbage cans at the pumps.
* Trained and courteous employees.
* Free showers and a laundry.
* Restaurant open 24/7 serving a variety of food including healthy food choices.
* Lounge with TV, cellphone charging stations and wi-fi.
* Free coffee with every fuel purchase.