Bishopscourt property with guest apartment, guest suite and more
Rawson Auctions Western Cape will call for bids on October 30 at noon for a “a magnificent mansion” in the heart of affluent Bishopscourt.
The ultra-luxurious property on a landscaped 7708m² plot in Norwich Drive boasts a massive eight-bedroomed mansion, complete with staff accommodation, and two double garages.
Unusual features of the regal residence include:
* Triple-volume entrance hall with crystal chandeliers and twin grand stairwell.
* Large living room next to a 20-seater formal dining area with decorative chandelier, electric fireplace and “designer wallpaper”.
* Main reception room with stairwell leading to an entertainment room below with feature window looking up into the pool.
* Dining room, main reception lounge, indoor braai area, bar room and additional lounge all with wall-to-wall sliding doors that open on to a large garden terrace.
The four-bedroomed accommodation upstairs is described as “on ambassadorial scale” by Rawson’s. There is also a music room, library with electric fireplace, linen storage room, server room, and kitchenette and laundry room in this wing of the house.
In the west wing, and above the four-car garage, there is a guest apartment comprising two bedrooms, two bathrooms and spacious open-plan living area with fully equipped kitchen. There is another guest suite with separate entrance consisting of a bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen.
The 25m pool has two gazebos, with one covering a Jacuzzi, as well as an outside bar and pool room fitted with changing and storerooms. The floodlit tennis court has its own clubhouse.
Other features that distinguish this remarkable residence include:
Full-size snooker room with timber panelling.
* Helicopter-themed bar.
* Home cinema.
* 10000-bottle wine cellar.
* Music room.
* Walk-in safe.
* Separate work-from-home suite.
“This mansion reflects true luxury and opulence. The house, as large as it may be, has seamless flow between entertainment areas, the exterior, and reception rooms. Its elevated position offers fantastic views of Table Mountain and the surrounding neighbourhood,” says Tanya Jovanovski, franchisee of Rawson Auctions Western Cape.
The property will be auctioned at 222 Main Road, Rondebosch. For more details, email email@example.com or call 0824119599 or 0799803457.