No expense spared in this magnificent house in Cape Town’s southern suburbs
Situated in prime Constantia and set on about one hectare, this impressive home enjoys endless views from most rooms, high ceilings and exquisite interior and exterior design.
No expense has been spared to ensure comfort on all levels, offering meticulous attention to detail and finishes of the highest standard.
Encompassing 1 426m2 of living space, this unique home with five reception rooms and a study has five bedrooms, all en suite, and offers the ultimate in beautifully proportioned spaces which are grand in scale, yet warm and inviting.
Luxury features include a generator, electronic room, state-of-the-art security, an exceptional chef’s eat-in kitchen, a wine-tasting room, entertainment room, outside braai room with bar and built-in gas braai, surround sound, stunning water features and swimming pool in a two-borehole watered garden.
● Impressive entry court with circular driveway and portico leads to a wooden bridge over a koi pond to the under-roof walkway from the double garage to the double front door.
The walkway with open louvres overlooks a second pond feature in a formal side garden.
● Double-volume sandstone tiled entrance hall with two-way curved staircase and floor-to-ceiling view window overlooking a third water feature flowing into the formal pool.
● Formal lounge with wood flooring and gas fireplace. French doors to the all-seasons under-roof verandah.
● Cloakroom with separate toilet.
● A study.
● Dining room with gas fireplace. French doors onto an internal court with water feature and fold-back doors to an under-roof pool verandah. Door to casual lounge.
● Casual lounge/TV room with hessian panelled ceiling and fold-back doors to under-roof verandah.
● Pub room with wood flooring, fitted pub, two glass-fronted wine fridges and built-in coffee machine. French doors to courtyard and fold-back door to patio. Spiral steps down to a wine-tasting cellar, which features a mountain-clad wall.
● Games room off kitchen with elevated TV unit. French doors with trellis to lawned garden.
● Braai room with built-in pub and gas braai.
Kitchen with sandstone flooring and breakfast area with fold-back doors to patio:
● Mahogany built-in cupboards with granite work tops.
● Central island with built-in cupboards, double stainless steel basin and waste bin.
● Four-plate gas hob with extractor fan, deep-frier and steam panel.
● Built-in microwave.
● Two eye-level Gaggenau ovens.
● Glass-fronted cool room.
● Walk-in pantry and separate storeroom.
● Access to double garage plus door to back garden.
● Adjoining laundry with stainless steel tub, mahogany finish built-in cupboards.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms: five en suite, three upstairs; and two guest suites on the lower level:
Lower level: Guest wing, two en suite and electronic room.
● Suite 1 with sandstone floor. Dressing room. Full en suite with French doors to garden.
● Suite 2 with carpeted floor. Built-in cupboards in the bedroom. Two French doors. Full en suite with separate toilet. Extra-length vanity and steam shower.
● Electronic Room.
Upper level: three en suite.
● Sandstone landing and
passage, and study with sandstone flooring.
● Suite 3: main bedroom is extra large with sandstone flooring, high-pitch wooden ceiling, gas fireplace and French doors to balcony. Two dressing rooms. Large full en suite with two separate vanities, shower, separate toilet and bidet. Free-standing bath.
● Linen cupboards in passage.
● Suite 4 with built-in cupboards, sandstone floor. French doors to balcony. Full en suite with single vanity. Free-standing bath.
● Suite 5 with walk-through built-in cupboard area. Lounge area and French doors to Juliet balcony.
Full en suite with single vanity, free-standing bath, toilet and bidet.
Garden/exterior buildings and special features:
● Auto entry gates with intercom.
● Large circular driveway.
● Four garages with auto doors (2 x 2) and direct entry.
● Water features.
● Mountain stone-clad walls in selected areas in main house.
● Formal pool with balau wood decking.
● Air-conditioners in all bedrooms.
● Underfloor heating.
● Two boreholes with auto irrigation.
● 300 watt generator for entire house.
● Guard house at road entry. Alarm system linked to ADT. Electric fencing and beams.
This unique home offers the ultimate in beautifully proportioned spaces grand in scale
Are you interested in this property?
Please call Marie Durr 083 269 8606 or Cheryl Teubes 082 457 9980
* To have your home featured as the Home of the Week, call Amar Belmedani on 011 633 2305 or 082 348 0776 or Liezel Williams on 011 633 2307 or 083 603 7620