Features include windows with leaded-glass mullions and arched doorways
Michael James Organisation will on August 28 at 11.15am on site auction a Tudor-style double-storey mansion in Bishopscourt.
The sale will take place at 2 Princess Avenue which, together with the adjacent 4 Princess Avenue, is on offer. The homestead and garden, situated on three stands, will be sold as a whole.
Samantha James, director of Michael James Organisation, says the opulent ground floor of the manor residence consists of:
* Carpeted entrance hall with carved oak staircase, beamed ceiling, panelling and reception room.
* Lounge with original solid timber flooring, fireplace, quarter wall dado rails, bay window, exposed beams, high ceilings and Adam-style mantle over the marble fireplace.
* Sunroom with terracotta tiled flooring, brass chandelier and aluminium sliding doors leading to a small balcony.
* Large carpeted dining room with spacious windows, glass panelled door leading to the garden and timber door leading to the scullery.
* Kitchen with timber flooring, vintage painted cabinetry and separate tiled scullery.
There is also an additional bathroom and double garage with timber doors on the ground level.
Upstairs there are three bedrooms, two bathrooms and separate toilet.
“Some of the special features of this characterful house belong to a bygone era and include windows with multiple shaped leaded-glass mullions, decorative beamed ceilings, arched doorways, stained wood trims and built-in cabinets and bookcases.
“The spacious garden with wendy house has established trees and shrubs in a private setting with spectacular mountain views,” says James.
Viewing of the house is on August 25 from 2pm to 4pm. For more details, call Paula Voges at 0218517007 or see www.michaeljames.co.za.