Dale Gremels: Greeff Christie’s International Real Estate Noordhoek area specialist and veteran agent, offers her sage advice to aspiring female agents:
- Join a good agency that will provide you with good backup support, training and administration support from day one.
- Learn how to manage your time effectively.
- Have a solid support system at home.
- Understand that this is a lot of hard work that is time – consuming.
- Have a good cash reserve when you start, as it may be some time before you see significant, consistent cash flow.
- Learn how to budget, as there will be good times and some lean times, depending on the market.
- Look after your clients and build relationships with them.
- Network and actively be part of your community.
- Look after your physical health and know when to take a break.